Seaspray is Cream Tea Cottages' flagship cottage and is situated at the edge of the village of Westward Ho! and enjoys magnificent panoramic views across Bideford bay from Clovelly to Saunton including Lundy.
The village of Westward Ho! dates back to the Victorian era and is named after Charles Kingsley's famous novel which was partly set in and around the area. It is also where Rudyard Kipling spent a lot of his early life. It has many attractions not least of which is a large safe sandy beach with the prestigious Blue Flag Award. Behind the beach is the famous pebble ridge and behind that Northam Burrows, the home of the Royal North Devon Golf Club. Aside form the beach and all that that brings Westward Ho! has a small selection of shops and restaurants all within a short walking distance from the cottage.
This reverse level cottage has been the subject of a very high standard, modern barn conversion. Both the lounge and the double bedroom have magnificent views of the sea. The lounge is on the first floor with a vaulted pine ceiling and French windows opening onto a Juliet balcony. The double bedroom is on the ground floor and the patio doors open onto a small patio. In addition the second bedroom is equipped with full size bunk beds. The bathroom is also located on the ground floor and has a full size bath with a shower over. There is a well equipped kitchen with fitted pine cupboards a built in hob and cooker as well as a washing machine and a refrigerator. As with all our cottages there is a wide range of accessories.
The lounge diner with its vaulted ceiling has a table and chairs to seat four as well as a settee. In the unlikely event that you tire of the view there is a wide screen HD television with a DVD player as well as a music centre. As with all our cottages a small selection of DVDs. CDs, books and games are supplied.
Outside there is a small patio with seating with sea views. There is also a reserved parking place in the courtyard and a secure stowage for bicycles, surf boards etc on request.
STAR RATING: 4
SLEEPS: 2 + 2 IN FULL SIZE BUNKS
Type of Property: Converted historic farm building in COASTAL setting
Location: EX39 1UQ
Heating: GAS CENTRAL HEATING
Outside: CAR PARKING & SMALL GARDEN
Facilities: Full size bath, Electric Cooker, Microwave, WASHING MACHINE / DRYER,
HD Digital TV, Stereo
Ideal for: COASTAL, WALKING, CYCLING, EXPLORING THE AREA
CONTACT US DIRECT
This is a mews style reverse level cottage with stunning sea views over the bay and coast beyond. It is situated on the edge of Westward Ho! village within easy reach of its shops, cafes and beach. We hope to provide as much access information as possible here but if you have any questions do please call us.
We look forward to your visit.
· We are family run with all enquiries/bookings handled by us.
· For an early check-in please contact us direct.
· Enquiries/bookings can be made by email or phone.
· Detailed directions with maps and pictures of cottage are sent out with confirmation of booking to all our guests.
· Tesco and Sainsbury’s will deliver groceries to you if ordered on line. For this and your satellite navigation system, the postcode is EX39 1UQ.
· The nearest train station is 10 miles away with a regular bus link running to Westward Ho!
· The nearest bus stop is 50 yards away.
· This access statement is available on our website and in the Welcome file in the cottage.
ARRIVAL and PARKING
· Approach is through a stone pillared entrance into a brick paviour courtyard.
· There is parking for one car and your allocated space is the second one from the far end on the left as you drive in.
· This space is approximately 25yds from the cottage front door.
· As you look through the archway to the right the cottage name is visible in front of you.
· From brick, through the archway, the pathway changes to slate pavers which curve and slope down to the front door.
· We try and meet all our visitors at around 4.00pm with a cream tea.
· The key for this property is kept in a keysafe. Instructions are provided with balance payment confirmation.
· The front door is accessed over a small threshold into a hallway. This is midway between floors and stairs lead up to the living area and down to the
bathroom and bedrooms.
· External lighting at the front of the property.
· This is accessed by a carpeted stairway with a 90 degree ‘dog leg’ turn. Handrail on one side.
· The living/dining/kitchen area is open plan. There is a ‘Juliet’ balcony with double glazed doors that open into the seating area with views over the beach.
This area is carpeted. The kitchen area has vinyl flooring and also has views out over the bay.
· The kitchen houses the central heating (mains gas) boiler and this can be supplemented by an electric fire in the lounge area.
· The Welcome pack with all the details for the cottage is on the coffee table.
· This is accessed by a carpeted stairway leading to a small inner hall. This has an under stairs cupboard with Hoover, ironing board, high chair etc.
A second cupboard contains spare pillows, blanket and a travel cot.
· There is one double bedroom. This has French windows which slide open onto a small patio area. This room has electrically operated curtains.
· There is a second bedroom with full size bunk beds.
· All bedrooms are carpeted
· This features a modern suite with bath and ‘over bath’ shower. Electric shaver point.
· There is a heated towel rail.
· There is no natural light. This room has assisted ventilation.
· The floor is tiled.
· Space within the bathroom is limited.
GROUNDS and GARDENS
· The small garden at the front of the cottage is a communal area. There is a small covered area adjacent to the front door which contains a smoking station.
· We discourage smoking inside this property.
· Beyond the French windows in the double room the small patio area has a table and seats for four people.
· There are brick steps down to a further small gravelled area with shrubs and a small bench seat.
· The low level fence marks the boundary and there is a drop of about four (4) feet onto the pavement below.
· There is a rotary clothes line that can be erected in this area for outdoor drying.
· A small barbecue is also supplied for use in this area.
· The cottage has a garage which can be used on request for storing some items e.g. bikes, surfboards etc.
· We ask that you vacate the property by 10.00am.
· Please place the key in the keysafe and close it after locking the door. THANK YOU
· A Welcome pack is provided in all our properties.
· Manufacturer’s instructions and our tips help operate TV, central heating etc. is also provided.
· We provide leaflets for local attractions.
· Good mobile phone reception.
· Mains operated smoke detector.
· Pets are not permitted in this property.
· We discourage smoking inside this cottage.